- PAFOS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal data in a number of different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
• your name, address, phone number or email address
2. When you use our website or services
• Our systems log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
• With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you.
• If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
• Precise geographic location
3. From partners and advertisers who share information with us
• your name, address, phone number or email address
We process the personal data listed above: (a) to the extent necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with us; (b) to the extent necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests; (c) for the purposes of our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (d) where you have provided your consent.
How We Use The Personal Data We Collect
• For your use of our website and the services offered on that site.
• For your use of free wifi service operated at our airports.
• To deal with any enquiry you may submit to us through this website or otherwise.
• To provide airport and travel related services, such as duty free sales.
• To process any lost baggage enquiries.
• IP addresses may be collected in order to analyze trends, administer this website, track user's movement (number of visitors, the website's busy and less busy hours) and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
• To customize our service for you, we may collect and store your precise geographic location as part of your user profile. This data generally is not shared with others. We may ask for your consent on your first use of the service.
Sharing Personal Data We Collect
We share personal data with third parties as follows:
(1) a company/companies to which Hermes has partly or fully assigned the realization of the processing of such data in accordance with any law or agreement and for processing any order;
(2) such communication or disclosure which may be required by such applicable law or regulation or by a court or competent authority decision.
Save as set out above, Hermes will not communicate or disclose personal data to any third party, without first informing you, and where necessary obtaining your prior consent.
How we use "cookies"
Personal Data Relating to Children
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Data?
After a calendar year of retention of your personal data, we will remove it from our systems and records and / or take steps to properly anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your personal data to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
We may transfer personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Your right to access the information we hold about you
You have the right to request access to and receive information about the personal data we hold about you, by contacting us - see "How to Contact Us" section below. Our file of your personal data will usually be made available to you within 30 calendar days, although occasionally we may not be able to give you access to the information we hold about you (for example, we may not be able to give you access if it would unreasonably affect someone else's privacy or if giving you access poses a serious threat to someone's life, health or safety). Please note that we may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your information in certain circumstances. Any such charge will be reasonable and we will advise you of the charge and obtain your consent before providing you with access to your personal data.
Your right to have your information corrected or deleted
If you have an account with us, you can sign into that account to update your personal information. If you have problems updating the information on your account or if you would like us to delete your information, please to contact us using the "How to Contact Us" section below and we will action it as soon as possible.
Your right to object to us processing your data
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data, even where that processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, where the processing is necessary for the commercial objectives we pursue in the course of our business), including the profiling we undertake to send you personalised offers, product recommendations and similar content.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including any profiling we undertake for the purposes of direct marketing. We will in any case only send you marketing communications if you have previously agreed to this, but if you change your mind you can easily unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the instructions included in these marketing communications.
Please note that, if you have consented to receive offers from our partners, our partners are responsible for taking account of your rights, including your right to opt-out of receiving offers from them. You may, however, at any time opt-out of receiving offers from third parties by logging in to your user account and changing the settings. If you had previously opted in, your personal data will cease to be transmitted to our partners from the time your request is processed.
To prevent unauthorised access and ensure the correct use of personal data, we have implemented appropriate physical, technical, organisational and administrative measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect.
All electronic personal data that we hold is securely stored and further protected through our use of appropriate access controls. When disposing of personal data, paper documents containing personal data are securely destroyed, and electronic files storing personal data are permanently deleted.
As stated elsewhere in this policy, in some instances we may entrust personal data to third party service providers binding them to protect the security of personal data and only to use it for the purposes we specify.
Making a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint the data protection authorities if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions please contact us:
Hermes Airports Ltd
PO Box 43027
6650 Larnaka International Airport
We take steps to protect personal information.
You can review more privacy-related information.