Information regarding COVID-19 measures at Larnaka & Pafos Airports
Based on the measures taken by the Government to confine the coronavirus pandemic and aiming to safeguard Public Health, flights from the following countries to the airports of Larnaka and Pafos will be banned as of 3a.m. 21 March 2020 until 30 April 2020 (with the exception of cargo flights):
Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Greece.
It is also added that flights to the Republic of Cyprus without passengers will be allowed for those wishing to leave the island. The airports are open and provide service to all flights departing from Cyprus to transport tourists back to their countries.
For enquiries concerning Cypriots citizens who are abroad please contact directly the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Pick-up process of vehicles from Larnaka and Pafos airports, for those who are subject to quarantine or have been obligated to remain overseas due to the latest measures taken to confine COVID-19:
- Passengers that have pre-booked/pre-paid online, will not be charged with any additional cost for the extra days their car is parked at the airport’s premises.
- Passengers that have received a ticket when entering the car park, which is payable upon their exit, will pay only for the period initially planned to remain in the parking, prior to the quarantine or prior to any flight cancellation.
Customer service at Pafos airport will be made via the intercom connected to the car park’s ticket payment office.
The presentation of a document certifying either flight cancellation or quarantine is desirable but not mandatory. For further information and clarifications you may contact Larnakas' airport parking office at +357 24008136 on a 24-hour basis.
In case of an emergency, Cypriot citizens may contact the following numbers:
- Diplomatic Missions of the Republic of Cyprus abroad: Their contact details could be accessed at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.mfa.gov.cy under Cyprus Diplomatic Missions Abroad.
- Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: +35 7 22651113 (08:30 - 15:00, Monday - Friday)
- Duty Officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: +35 7 99660129 (outside working hours*)
- Crisis Management Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: +35 7 22801000 (24/7)
* The Duty Officer’s line is reachable outside office hours and is intended to provide assistance in emergency situations. For non-urgent questions, please contact the relevant Department of the Ministry during normal office hours via the switchboard +357 22-651000.
Information for Ukrainian Passengers:
- According to the statement of the President of Ukraine, Ukraine has banned all scheduled passenger air services.
- Charter flights scheduled on March 16 and onwards will be operated solely to get the tourists back to Ukraine. According to the statement of the President of Ukraine, the government will organize several special non-scheduled flights to bring Ukrainian citizens home.
Ukraine International assures it will provide the state authorities with maximum support in the matter. The citizens of Ukraine who have not returned home by 16 March 2020, must contact Ukraine’s consular agencies abroad. In this regard, the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Cyprus is preparing the list of groups of people (Ukrainian citizenship), and kindly ask them to provide the following information: Full Name (Ukrainian/English) / Age / Contact telephone number / E-mail / Flight Info. (This information must be delivered by phone (+357) 96 109 331 or to email: email@example.com)