You need to read this if you are applying for work with Hermes Airports Ltd (whether as an employee, worker or contractor) to become aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of recruitment, and how long it will usually be retained for.
Hermes Airports Ltd (“we”, “us”) will collect, store and use personal information about you in connection with your application for work with us.
Your consent is required
Your consent is required for us to collect, store and use personal and sensitive/special data about you to enable us to process your work application. We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes as clearly explained to you above and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have explained to you above and limited only to those purposes
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have explained to you above
- Kept securely
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the work
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process
- Keep records related to our hiring processes
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We are not planning to transfer your data outside the EEA.
Type of data we may collect and use
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you provide to us in your curriculum vitae
- The information you provide on the application form
- Any information you provide to us during an interview
- Information on previous employers, references by previous employers or colleagues, employment history, previous and/or expected salaries, skills and qualifications obtained through education or experience.
These data will help us make a decision on your suitability for employment and in case your application is for future vacancies the aforesaid data will help us decide which department you may be most suitable in.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity and religious beliefs
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
How your personal information is collected
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, as the candidate
- Your named referees from whom we may obtain references
- The recruitment agencies with whom we cooperate
How long we will use your information
We will retain your personal information for a period of two years after you have submitted your CV to us. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your personal information for the purposes of recruitment at any time.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, or withdraw your consent, please contact our Human Resources Department in writing.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with this notice. If you have any questions or concerns about this notice or how we handle your personal information, you may contact the Data Protection Officer of Hermes Airports Ltd directly either by e-mail address:email@example.com telephone: (+357) 24742132.
If you are dissatisfied with how Hermes Airports Ltd uses your data, you can make a complaint to the Commissioner for the Protection of Personal Data, the Cyprus supervisory authority for data protection issues.
If you’ve read and understood the above notice, you are not a minor and wish to freely give your consent to Hermes Airports Ltd. to collect and process your personal data for the purposes of recruitment, please click on the “I agree and consent to processing of my personal information” on the application form.